WINS so far… 16 out of 18
When concerned neighbourhoods approach us, and ask for our help, we respond. We enable them to avail themselves of the laws and consultation procedures that exist for their protection. We empower local communities through the simple principles of Law and Freedom.
Here’s how we’re faring:
(most recent application listed first)
18. LOSS – Leeds mosque - 12/03250/FU - Application to turn a pub into an Islamic ‘community centre’ - Application granted.
17. WIN – Cricklewood Mosque - Ground Floor, 78 Cricklewood Broadway, London NW2 3EP – application to turn high street shopping premises (“a Library”) into a “Community Centre” – application refused, and Warning of Enforcement Action to be Taken 24-12-2012.
16. WIN – Brent Mosque – 7 Carlisle Road, NW9 0HD – application for a 8,400 sq ft “Community and Education Centre” (ahem) - Application refused.
15. WIN – Chingford Mosque. 90-92 Chingford Mount Road, Chingford, E4 9AA - application for change of use to mosque, and extension - Application refused.
14. LOSS – Sunderland Mosque. Saint Marks Road North Sunderland SR4 7DA – application for 15,000 square foot mosque - Application granted.
13. WIN – Surbiton Mosque. Argent House, Hook Rise South, Surbiton, KT6 7LD - application for 12,500 square foot mosque - refused.
12. WIN – Purley Mosque. 5 Russell Hill Place, Purley, CR8 2LH - application for new 8,350 square foot mosque. Application refused.
11. WIN – 12 East Avenue, Walthamstow E17 9NG - application for mosque extension from 5,300 sq ft to over 9,500 sq ft. Application withdrawn.
10. WIN – Luton mosque. Council decision not to sell development land on the cheap to the Masjid E-Ali mosque outfit - see previous post
9. WIN – Northampton minaret - application reference: N/2011/0899. Application withdrawn.
8. WIN – Kirklees mosque – application reference: 2011/92581. Planning application to turn the beautiful old Jolly Sailor Pub into a mosque. Application withdrawn
7. WIN – Ealing mosque – application reference: 2011/4564: Planning application to turn the sheds to the rear of 387 & 389 Uxbridge Road into a mosque. Refused. No reason published online yet.
6. WIN – Bolton mosque – Application reference 87089/11: planning application to turn a shop (a former pub) into a mosque. Refused on traffic and parking grounds.
5. WIN – Blackpool mosque - 11/0593 - refused planning permission
4. WIN – York mosque – 11/01592/FUL - application withdrawn
3. WIN – Dudley Megamosque - P11/0888 - refused planning permission
2. WIN – Uxbridge mosque – withdrawn by the Applicant
1. WIN – Maidenhead mosque - 11/00565/FULL - refused at planning application – appeal dismissed